For those of you who don’t know, i’m getting married in exactly 1 month today. (It’s scarily close now!) It’s not something I’ve spoken about much on here…or on my instagram for that matter, but with it being such a big part of my life I thought it would be nice to share it with you.
Before Brett proposed and we started the mammoth task of planning a wedding we already had a pretty rough idea of the sort of day we wanted. ‘How hard can it be’…..we thought. Well honestly, it’s somewhat overwhelming quite how much goes into planning one day. It’s not all cake tasting and trying on pretty dresses. Not that I’m grumbling, I’ve loved every minute of the planning and as The Day grows ever nearer I’m sadden at the thought of it being over soon. I’ll miss being tucked up in bed on a Sunday morning with a wedding magazine. I’ll miss updating my spreadsheet and ticking things off of my ‘to do’ list. Anyway enough of that….I do still have one hectic month to contend with. So with that in mind I’ve put together some of my top tips and suppliers.
5 Top Tips
1) Write. Everything. Down. Every important date. Every supplier. Every penny spent. In these last few frantic weeks it’ll help no end.
2) Don’t be pressured to conform to a traditional wedding. Its your day. If the thought of a first dance fills you with dread (as it does me!) then don’t have one.
3) When it comes to wedding dress shopping don’t limit yourself to what you *think* you want. I was adamant I wanted a short dress and when I eventually tried on a short one (after swooning over so many short numbers in wedding mags) I hated it. It made me look short and stumpy. Needless to say I ended up with a long dress (which I can’t wait to share with you all before too long)
4) Research your suppliers. If you have a certain theme or look you’re trying to portray you’ll want the elements of your day to show this too, particularly your cake & flowers. We met with a couple of high street florists and cake makers and left feeling disappointed. They just weren’t on the same wave length. However after doing a little more research and meeting with Palais Flowers & Lily Vanilli all hope was restored. They both knew exactly the sort of thing we wanted. Heck they knew better than we did!
5) Now this next one is not only a top tip but also a message to myself (Brett, I’ll try my very hardest to remember it these crucial weeks) Try not to sweat the small stuff! Its so easy to get wrapped up in planning the perfect day but the most important thing of all is you are marrying your best friend and planning the day is the very start of your journey as a married couple. Worrying about that one guest not replying to the RSVP doesn’t seems so important now does it?