So today is my first wedding anniversary and I honestly can’t believe it’s already been a year since Brett and I stood in Islington Town Hall saying our vows to one another. A year feels like an important milestone to celebrate so I thought I’d share with you 8 things I’ve learnt since becoming a Mrs.
Warning some of these may be a little on the soppy side.
1. Being referred to as a ‘Mrs’ was as weird as I expected it to be the first few times I heard it. I’m still not 100% used to it one year on.
2. I was expecting to wake up feeling differently the day after our wedding day. Like the way you wonder how you feel when you reach a birthday milestone. But if I’m honest, things didn’t feel different, they just felt right.
3. Being able to call Brett my husband will never get old, it’s just the best.
4. I was so worried the day I went back to work after the wedding and honeymoon were over would be the worst, talk about the holiday blues! But it really wasn’t that bad. There was something kinda nice about getting back into the swing of things with a husband in tow.
5. Topics of conversation between most family members now includes the question: ‘so when are you having children?
6. Despite the stress, the expense and the drama that comes with planning a wedding, it really was the best day I could have asked for and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat if I could (with Brett for the record)
7. I enjoyed our honeymoon so much more than I thought I would, which sounds kinda silly since our honeymoon was a 10 day visit to New York (of course I was going to enjoy it!) but being away for so long with my new husband without any interruptions of everyday life was just a dream.
8. Despite thinking ‘oh my god, that looks like my dads hand’ every time I clocked Brett’s hand newly decorated with a wedding ring, it actually made me more emotional than I thought it would.
Now I’m off to enjoy my day with Brett, we’re heading to The Hand & Flowers restaurant to celebrate later tonight and I absolutely cannot wait. Have a great Monday, you guys.